Thursday, June 26, 2014

Semi-Aquatic Mammal of Action!

What's blue, orange, and has his own theme song? Perry the Platypus!

If you have a young child, chances are you have heard of Phineas & Ferb. It's a cute Disney show with a catchy song in each episode and good dash of humor (some of which is over a kid's head!)



Dr. Doofensmirtz is probably the best thing about this show.

Garth's family was obsessed with it and I eventually was indoctrinated into it as well. Matching t-shirts, a signed sketch from the show's artist Mat Nastos, and a baby dressed up as Perry later, we are at full on obsession. I had great ambitions of making crochet Perry the Platypus dolls for everyone at MJ's first birthday party.
 


 Instead, I got a bunch of spherical thingmabobs that were too embarassing to pass out. I used on online pattern and tweaked it till he had just the most perfect flat head and wonky beak. Look at him now!  Look at his adorable hat and wide spaced eyes! LOOK.AT.IT.


Now I need to make 10 more of him... Guess I know what I'm going to do today!

This Perry the Platypus was created using a slightly modified version of My Crocheted World's pattern. Check it out and make your one of your own--or twenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment