Friday, November 4, 2016

Pikachu, take two!

Halloween has come and gone, and I didn't craft NEARLY as many things as I wanted to. I'll chat more about that at the bottom, since most of you are here for Pikachu. :)


While I love using 53 Stitches pattern for Pikachu and many other Pokemon, I found Studio Crafti's Pikachu pattern and thought it was super cute. Unfortunately, they took the written pattern down recently for revisions, so the Pikachu in these photos might be different than their new pattern indicates. They still have their tutorial up on YouTube, however:
Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6QRKaKM6co
Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orwRSmICbVI&feature=youtu.be



To be honest, it isn't much different than 53 Stitches other than a few things:
  • Head is fatter
  • Body and head are made in one piece rather than separate
  • Arms are flat and on the side
  • Overall larger

So you could easily mix and match the two patterns until you find something you like. I could not figure out their tail pattern very easily, so maybe they are revising that part currently. But otherwise, a great pattern, thank you Studio Crafti!

Now, as for Halloween crafting. Things started off well. I messed around on my Silhouette machine and made a vinyl sign for my mom who LOVES the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. (The picture book is also amazing, by the way, it comes with a CD of the narration and everything!)

Then I spent a while tweaking those darn pumpkins and getting those up. I also made a bat I was going to put up a pattern for but decided it wasn't all that special. Maybe next year if there is interest.


Then I went psycho and made puppet pumpkins for our Trunk or Treat. The pumpkins open and close their mouths to music and the bottom pumpkin's mouth was where the candy was, which we could grab and make close on their hands :D And everything lit up and aaaaaugh it was too fun. But I am definitely not an engineer.



Amongst all this was making Halloween costumes, Halloween treats, helping at school Halloween parties...so really we had a GREAT season but I just didn't have much time! Although we did manage to get into a car wreck that totaled our car (someone ran a red light!) so at that point, I sort of threw everything aside and just focused on getting back to normal...and eating a lot of pumpkin spice food.
And that's not even all of it. Quick reviews:
Pumpkin Spice Brittle - Possibly too sweet.
Boo-terscotch M&M's - Meh.
Sticky Pumpkin Cake with Hard Sauce - Yum, but it was TINY for the price. Not worth it.
Pumpkin Ravioli - Surprisingly good! Not too sweet, thankfully.
Fall Pasta and Harvest Sauce (Trader Joes) - Really, really good. I tried a sample in store and had to buy it.
Chocolate Mousse Pumpkins - Skip. These were just expensive ho-hos or swiss cake rolls. Not really mousse-y at all.
Sprouts Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal- Good, but just the same as Quaker Oats.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding -  OH MY GOODNESS. I have found pumpkin heaven and it has bread pudding! I would highly recommend it.

Anyways, that's all folks! I hope you have a wonderful day.
The Craftzilla

No comments:

Post a Comment