Friday, January 16, 2015

Crocheting gifts and working on patterns!

I'm in progress with a new aspect of crochet--writing patterns. I've been amazed at how much harder it is to write down and explain a pattern than to just go go go and make something. I hope to have a Valentine's themed amigurumi up by next week, and then a cute spring critter after that. That Valentine's one is KILLING me though--I have three prototypes that are looking at me sadly from my crochet bag with wonky parts and pieces. But I'll keep trying, because I sketched it up and thought it was cute :)

Here are some projects I finished:

Another Toadette! My sister asked me to make her one for her birthday. I think it turned out alright, but now that I've seen Toad's Treasure Tracker, I wish I had made her in that cute khaki outfit! Her feet have been weighted so that she can stand on her own.

A friend of mine had a cute, chubby baby in the fall and I made him a hat and shoes. Unfortunately, I gave it so late I don't think he could wear it... Oh well, it's the thought that counts! I also used a "crab stitch" for the finish. I like it, but it took me forever to figure it out!


Alright, alright, those Valentine headbands DO come in traditional colors, too.
And I forgot to post this proof that Emmy WILL wear some things I crochet!! Don't mind that I'm holding her hand away from pulling it off. :)

Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment